- Creating a climate that promotes a sense of community while valuing the uniqueness of the individual.
- Listening and responding sensitively to all.
- Extending warmth and acceptance to each other and to all we serve.
- Creating a welcoming atmosphere personally and institutionally.
- Welcoming new ideas and being open to change.
- Utilizing human resources responsibly.
- Providing wise and respectful use of all material and monetary resources.
- Promoting conservation of resources and energy.
- Cherishing and promoting the worth of all human life.
- Treating persons with dignity and reverence without regard to age, gender, race, minority or economic status.
- Honoring and supporting the spirituality of each person.
- Valuing the dignity of all work.
- Promoting participation of all persons in the decisions affecting their lives.
- Advocating policies for the poor & powerless.
- Maintaining respectful working relationships.
- Eliminating prejudice in ourselves and in institutional policies.
- Promoting open and fair decision-making based on valid information.
- Striving to develop a global vision personally and institutionally.
- Working towards a more just world.